Thursday, March 23, 2017

First sock

I finished the first sock of this round of Sock Madness and started the second one yesterday.  I estimate I'll be done on Fri.  In the past, I was able to knit a complex pair of socks in 2.5 days, but that was really pushing it.  This year, my body wants me to slow down.  I have to listen to my fingers, hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.  Don't really want to, but it makes sense.  So these will be a 5-day pair of socks.  And then I will rest!


Isn't that a cute heel?  I love the pattern and I may use it on a hat or a pair of mittens.  It's pretty toasty. As usual, the sock is big on me.  Not bad in the circumference, but too long.  I have to follow the pattern exactly.  I'll still wear them, even though they bunch up a little in the heel.

OK, lots of knitting today.  No errands, no lunch out (bummer), just knit, knit, knit.  Make pizza dough and bake bread, but that's it.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks neat - now to get the second sock done huh

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails