Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Knitter on fire!

And another sweater finished.  This one is loosely based on the Vanilla Sweater by Corinne Tomlinson.  I'm not thrilled with crop sweaters. They seem to cut me in half, and I'm small enough not to want that.  So  I did some modification:  much narrower, long sleeves, and longer in the body.  I also increased each side of the side seam (fake seam), at around the waist to give a bit of ease at the hip. 

I just loved knitting this sweater.  Usually I hate miles of stockinette; it's so boring but this time, it just flowed along so nicely. 

I can see more of these top-down raglans in my future.  Stripes, patterns on sleeves and/or body?  A bit wider?  A slightly lower neckline?  All good fun to think about.

Corinne Tomlinson owns The Woolly Thistle up in NH.  Beautiful yarns from the UK, Norway.  That's where I bought the Frangipani gansey yarn in the last post.  Soft woolly yarns, stunning colors.  I'm in love!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful! I am almost done with the mess of a sweater while teaching myself LOL - I'm not sure if it will be wearable away from the house but it was kind of fun teaching myself - kind of how to do :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails