Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A new raglan

 

Top down, again,but with the addition of a broad cable flanked by my favorite fake cable (which doesn't show up all that well in these pictures.  This is a dark purple yarn and also a bit nubbly, so stitch definition is there but not easily seen in photographs.

You can see the cables much better in this close-up.

 Here it is in more of the actual color, so rather dark.



The yarn is Rauma Finull Garn in color 4126, a heathered yarn over a grey base.  Sort of between a fingering and sport weight.  I used a size 4 needle for everything.  The neck and sleeve rib was done with a size 2 needle.

I'm not thrilled with the neckline; next raglan, I'll go with a shaped one; i.e. the back higher than the front.

It's warm and cozy, but probably not warm enough for Jan weather.  I do love this yarn, and will use it again and again.

1 comment:

straythreads said...

Beautiful! Interesting cable design looks complicated. I have been practicing my first plaited cable. I have a top down raglan pattern I like but have been trying different cables so it doesn’t look like I’m knitting the same pattern over and over but love the fit.
Beautiful pattern and color

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails