Monday, December 17, 2007

One sock finished! Whadda woman!

I finished my first sock of a pair for Ravelry's Sock knitters Anonymous December contest.




I want to write up the pattern and post it here as a freebie. This will take longer than knitting the sock, so don't hold your breath!

This was yarn that was on my etsy site. It didn't move, and I really liked it, so I pulled it off and am now knitting it. I feel guilty for doing this. I don't know why; just plain dopeyness.

There are certain yarns of mine that I really really love, and I never understand why people are not beating down the doors to buy them. Then there are yarns that I'm neutral toward, and they go pretty quickly. Go figure. I have this strange attachment to my babies. I'm sending them forth into a cruel and cold world, and I want them to be loved. Is this sick or what? I do get a charge out of knowing that somewhere in the world, someone is knitting my yarn. Hey, you get your thrills where you can.

MOMMIE note: I had lunch with her, and she actually ate more than 5 bites. And then, hold on to your seats, I convinced her to go play Bingo. She does tell me that it's a dopey game, but lots of fun, but she will not go. She'd rather plop in her chair and sleep. I am a cheerleader with her, but the Mommie being the Mommie, she basically ignores me. I have NEVER, EVER, won an argument with her. I remarked on that to her a while ago, and she told me: "If you ever win an argument with me, honey, I'll be in my grave." We do have lots of fun sparring with each other.

Here are a couple of etsy yarns to look forward to, and I love these babies. So there! Their tentative names are Shimmer, City Socks, and Cutie Pie.



2 comments:

Emily said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see the other one too. :)

Carolyn said...

I love everything about the sock = the dye job and the pattern. It looks sort of like a Clapotis!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails