Sunday, February 9, 2020

I'm in love

with my new AccuQuilt!  I've resisted buying this gizmo for a long time, and finally gave in.

Wow!  Perfect 2.5" strips for binding a quilt in record time.  Took me longer to iron the wrinkles out than to cut the strips.

You have to understand that I cannot cut a straight line, even with a rotary cutter, plastic template, or any other device.  But this gizmo is amazing.  Now if it would only sew a perfect seam.  Hah.  But at least the cutting is perfect.

You perfect quilters out there, don't even bother to give me hints about cutting and/or sewing.  I've been doing this for 8+ years, and I haven't mastered either the seam or the cutting.  Just not going to happen.  But, with this marvelous cutting machine, I can cut cleanly and accurately.  Whoo hoo!

I'm in love!




1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hear you! I cut the perfect strip with the accuquilt and then my seam is off LOL - and I've been doing it a lot longer than 8+ years :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails