Thursday, February 1, 2024

I might be back

 After a very long absence, I might just be coming back.  Why?  I don't know.  Because.

I realize that I produce lots of knits and quilts, and I really don't keep track of them. So, maybe I'll post here again.

So, to start, a sweater finish for January. 


This is a gansey, not an authentic one, but my own version.  Authentic in terms of patterns used, but the yarn is not a gansey yarn, nor does the sweater contain an underarm gusset or shoulder strap.  And the yarn is Killington yarn from Miss Babs.  

But I'm not a fisher lassie, and I am not interested in producing authentic garments, but rather whatever I like and made by and for me.

Began on Dec. 31, 2023 and finished Jan. 25.  

Killington yarn is Size: 350 yd / 4.2 oz (320 / 120g) skeins
Content: 85% Polwarth wool, 15% Tussah silk.
Gauge: DK weight. 5.25-6 stitches per inch on US 5-7.

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Nice to see you posting again, Ruth. I should do likewise. Social media seem to take up all the time we used to devote to blogging!

I only incorporated underarm gussets once in a gansey, and found they didn't work for my body shape. I am narrow shouldered like you, so top down sweaters never work either.

Lovely gansey. And a nice yarn blend with which to work. From a past Rhinebeck? Or, you actually being in the US, you can probably order with a reasonable hope of receiving it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails