Monday, September 21, 2020

And yet another pair of basketweave socks.

 You'd think I'd be tired of this pattern after making a gazillion socks from it, but, nope.  It is perfect for any variegated sock yarn out there.  It makes a lovely and mindless sweater, too.

So here's the latest pair.  Yarn by Earth and Empress, colorway - Blackberry Mist.



 

Lot's of knitting and quilting stuff in progress, but nothing near being finished.

Here's my annual Jewish High Holidays' bread.  It's a very old recipe that both my grandmas made. Mama was born around 1875, and Zinn Grandma around 1885.  Mama was from some little town in Hungary, but she and Grandpa moved at some point to Vienna, where my father was born.  Zinn Grandma came from Szalard, Romania, but it was Hungary when she was born, and only became part of Romania after WWI.  So, 2 different grandmas from 2 different places but with the same recipe.  I'm guessing that their moms made it too.  It's easily 125 years old.  I made some small changes; nobody needs a stick of butter in the dough, but it tastes like when they made it.

So, here is Tejes Kolacs.





1 comment:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your socks look great! My mom was from Austria and she used to make what we called cinnamon bread, looks very similar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails