Friday, September 11, 2020

Moving along

 I've decided that Sept is now the beginning of the year.  I have no idea why, but possibly because the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) is in Sept this year.  At any rate, the cooler temps feel like a beginning.  My goals this year are to make 12 pairs of socks (for me and for the little kid), at least 6 sweaters, again for me, TLK, and his mom.  Miss P is good with socks and sweaters, DD1 doesn't need any, and the Hubz will wear my socks for sleeping socks, but is not apt to wear a sweater of mine.

So, on the needles is sock #1.  Basketweave pattern, which is my go-to lazy pattern.  My usual 56 st sock, but the pattern is a multiple of 8, so can easily be made in larger sizes.Yarn by EarthAndEmpress.



Sweater.  Ah well.  Remember the raglan from the previous post?  Turns out that I accidentally used the wrong needle.  I was working on a #5, and just grabbed it.  My #5 and #6 needles are pretty similar in color.  It was, of course, too small.  Frogged it, changed my mind to making another top-down raglan, but with a different neckline.  And I'm making stripes.  I think it will be very cute.  Yes, this scrimmage of stitches on a 24" needle looks too small.  It's not.  I tried it on, and anyhow, I always smoosh lots of stitches on a 24" needle.



Yarn is Spearmint in KnitPicks Palette.  The pink and white are some leftovers.  Size 6 needle, and should measure approx 38" in circumference when done.  

Quilting:  TLK, aka the little kid, has been asking for another quilt.  He has his baby quilt, now used as a sitting mat on top of a bench, and his I Spy quilt, which is someplace or other. He's growing, and could use a larger quilt.   At any rate, a grand wants a quilt, a grand gets a quilt.  He likes brights and I started this new log cabin with turqs and peaches and such.  Very little very light colors, which is good, since he'll schlep it around all over the place and his mom doesn't want to spend her life washing it.  So, here are a few new blocks.






I'm also binding a quilt that I finished way back when.  I'll post pics when it's sewn and crinkled.

This is all keeping me happily busy. 

Very interesting article on a quilting response to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.  Worth reading!

3 comments:

Toby said...

Hi Ruth
Love all your work!! You have a great sense of color and how to combine them! I love the sock yarn, so pretty and unique! The colors of your sweater are perfect and gorgeous. TLK will love the new quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt will be wonderful - I wish I was as good and fast at knitting as you are!

Kj vadher said...

Thanks for great content Ruth, I will also share with my friends & once again thanks a lot

Kj recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails