Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finished and crinkled!

She's finished!  The little doll quilt for a certain grand is done!  Here's the before the crinkle:


And here she is after a nice tumble in the dryer, crinkly and cute as can be!





I must say that the crinkle effect really hides a lot of messes I made. 

I learned a lot from this quilt. 


  1. When you piece the half-square triangles, it helps to have that seam on top so that you have a prayer of a chance of sewing at the right spot.  Good thing to learn.
  2. Little polka dot binding really ups the adorable factor.
  3. I need to make smaller quilting sts.  This may be impossible for me.  I'm taking a hand quilting class at The City Quilter in February.  Hopefully I can do it and quilt smaller sts and not get my wrists into major ache mode.
  4. I loved doing this, all of it.  From selecting and buying the fabric, cutting, sewing and then all the hand-work, it was such fun to do. 

2 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Too cute! Well done. Clap, clap, clap.

Carolyn J. Blakelock said...

Lovely! Just lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails