Monday, June 24, 2019

Getting my British fix

We went to London 3 weeks ago and had a grand time.  We (OK, me) wanted to check out a couple of yarn shops.  Found this charming place in Hackney, Wild and Woolly Yarn Shop, so off we went.  The fun of looking for yarn/thrift/stamp/fabric shops is that you step out of the usual touristy areas and discover something new.  This is a lovely shop with yarn that I haven't seen before (and I've seen a lot of yarn from all over the world).  I bought a ball of sock yarn (and it isn't superwash, so I'll have to make it into a shawl or remember to hand wash) from Portugal.

We asked about a good place for lunch, and the owner directed us to a little French spot a couple of doors down.  Can't remember the name, but we had crepes and savory galettes for lunch.  Yummy.

Then we wandered around and found a Salvation Army thrift shop.  The Hubz' eyes start to gleem!  This man is a thrift shop lover.  And what did we find?  Bunting.  Seashore huts bunting.


So, being lovers of all things seashore-ish, we hung it up today.  A little bit of England in our sun porch.

I want to go back.  Yesterday.  We're over our jet lag (took us a week), and please, pretty please, can I go back? 

Knitting?  Working on a very lacy shawl.  Started one, hated working on it, frogged it, started another.  Not enough done to even take a photograph.

Quilting?  One quilt is at the quilt shop for longarm quilting; I'm working on the binding of another quilt.  Will take pics when I'm done.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails