Sunday, October 6, 2019

What's New

A finished sweater, a sweater with 3" to go on the body, and the last full row of the Whirligig quilt.  That's enough for the moment.

A cable sweater for me.  Started toward the end of Aug and finished about 4 weeks later.  Ordinarily, a sweater like this takes me 2.5 - 3 weeks, but we were away, so very little knitting done.  This top picture is the sweater before blocking.  Notice how different it looks once it's been wet blocked.





Me, being silly:


A new sweater for DD2.  Fingering weight yarn with a lace panel.  When blocked, that panel will measure a bit over 5".  It just looks small here because all those stitches are on a 24" circular needle and squooshed together.  Trust me, a good wet blocking will open it all up.

And of course, the Whirligig quilt!  I'm on the last full row, with 2 more blocks to be attached.  Then I have to do the borders to square it all up.  Finally, it will get a solid border of something or other that I need to buy.





And a pretty leaf on my deck.  Don't you love the veins?


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sweater is so pretty, and it looks like it fits perfectly! I love your Whirlygig quilt, too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful sweater, and cable work. Love the hexies!

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is fantastic! What pretty sweaters. And the whirligig quilt is awesome! Love it.

Sarah said...

Great jumper and terrific fit. That's the bit I never quite get right! And an amazing quilt too.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh what a pretty sweater and you sure do knit fast. The blocking really does make a big difference so true for appliqued quilt blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been going back through blogs since we got home traveling in the motorhome seeing what I missed when the wifi was so bad and saw your purple sweater and the whirligigs - great job - I hadn't touched my whirligigs in months and months and need to one day so they don't get lost under the rubble! Love the sweater!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails