Thursday, February 20, 2020

5 finished blocks

Let me tell you, this is some slog here.  This moves so slowly that it almost qualifies as slow stitching.  But it's fun, I get to play with putting blocks together, and planning colors, and that's what I like to do.  Matching the points is nutsy, at least for me.  But I seem to get most of them somewhat correct so I'm happy.  No ripping out unless the points are really a mess.  As Jenny Doan says:  "Better finished than perfect."  And that's my motto, too.  Plus, when the whole mess is put together, who is going to care about a not great point?  You're going to look at the colors and sparkle, not those dopey points.  At least that's what I tell myself.


At first I thought I'd just sew these guys together, but that's a lot of matchy matchy stuff, and I'm not that crazy.  So, the current thought is to border each block with a 1.5" strip of something light with pale green.  I have the perfect fabric, but it's not enough and I don't know where or when I bought it or if it's even available today.

On the other hand, here's a loaf of bread that I made today.  It's a caraway rye bread, with a bit of rye (not too much since I hate working with sticky dough), lots of caraway seeds, and a special ingredient.

It's not sourdough, 'cause I'm way too lazy to deal with sourdough, but it has a bit of sour flavor, just enough to give it some zip.   2 TB of dill pickle brine.  Yep, add the leftover brine from a jar of dill pickles, and you get that lovely sour rye moment.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

If my points match I am happy but if they don't I don't waste much time trying to see if I can get them too. Your prints will make it so most wouldn't even look for to see if the points match - yummy looking bread!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails