Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sewing masks

That's what I'm doing.  No pics because it's enough to sew them.  No, I haven't made thousands of them, nor hundreds of them either.  I'm not that fast.  I get done what I get done.  I will not make the Guinness Book of Records, but I will do what I can.

Rabbi Tarfon said:  It is not your responsibility to finish the work of perfecting the world, but you are not free to desist from it either.

I cannot save the world; I cannot make masks for hundreds, but I can do my part.  If we all do something to help each other, then we are helping the world.  If you can sew, then sew.  If you can cheer someone up, then do so.  You don't have to be perfect.  You don't have to make the most masks in one day in the history of the world.  Just do what you can.  You don't need to feel guilty if you make 10 masks/week.  You've made what you've made.

If you can afford to order food from a local restaurant  occasionally, then do so.  If you can make a small donation to a worthy cause, then do so.  If  you can be kind to someone, then do so.  You can't perfect the world, but you can take part in it.

2 comments:

Linda W said...

Yes. I always remember what you told me about tikkun olan. (Hopefully I have the words right.) It's a good way to live.

Jada Lindsey said...

Great post thaanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails