Monday, May 11, 2020

Quilting is back

I'm so happy to be quilting again.  After 5 weeks of mask making, I'm finally done with them! If there's a need when the next wave of the virus comes along, then I'll go back into masks.  But for now, freedom! 





Here are the first 2 rows.  I'm so loving this quilt!  The pictures aren't great, but they'll do for now.  I think of the quilt as a bit of a knot garden, except that it's not a garden, so... the name of this quilt is Knot a Garden.

I'm knitting a sweater, the usual pair of socks, and baking and cooking a lot.  It sometimes seems that we spend our days eating.  Breakfast, mid-morning break with home-made biscotti, lunch, mid-afternoon break with home-made muffins, supper, and nibbles while watching TV. 

Way back in January, I started to run out of all-purpose and bread flours.  So the Hubz, who loves to market, bought me some more.  We already had yeast bought in Dec (I think).  I buy yeast by the pound, and freeze the bulk of it.  I take off enough for a small jar and keep that in the fridge.  It lasts me about a year.  We also put in a flour order from King Arthur flour.  It was all back-ordered,  and was supposed to arrive in about a month.  Instead we got it all in a couple of weeks.  So we are all set from bread and pizza baking as well as muffins, biscotti, etc. 

And on that note, I'm off to eat lunch.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we finally have flour back in the store but no yeast. I usually buy the packets and back in early March when I started to get a feeling there might be shortages I bought a bit of yeast and got flour and I still have some of both as I haven't baked as much as I thought I might.

I hope all is getting a little better out - but we all need to stay careful of course - we are still home most of the time and wearing mask when out near people
Love the quilt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails