Saturday, April 6, 2024

And the earth shook under my feet!

We had an earthquake yesterday around 10:20 or so in the morning.  I was in the ER, sitting next to the Hubz, the Patient (who is considerably better but will be there for a day or two more).  Ground floor.  And the building shook. Really shook!  Magnitude was 4.8, which is nothing from a west coast standpoint, but a lot for New Jersey (east coast and on bedrock). The epicenter is about 12-15 miles from here, so not far away at all.

It seemed to go on forever.  Not much damage that I could see.  A few things fell off shelves at my house. There are lots of aftershocks, but I think I have felt only one.  And I was sitting in a Starbucks in the hospital around noon today and I think I felt a something move.  On the other hand, my table was wobbly and needed a shim under one of its feet.  So who knows?  At any rate, I don't ever have to feel an earthquake again.  Been there, done that.

And what was I doing while all this was going on?  Knitting a sock of course.  What else do you do when you are in the ER for 7 hours?  Medicinal knitting which soothes my soul while I worry about the Guy.

I'd take a pic of the sock in progress, but it's just a sock in stockinette. We knitters knit through storms, floods and earthquakes!  And also in Emergency Rooms.

And that's all the news here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails