Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Presenting the Magic Carpet Ride Sock Club!






YarnYenta and I are once again collaborating on a sock club, The Magic Carpet Ride!

Yes! A new sock club to begin in Sept, 2010! Shipments in the middle - end of Sept, Oct, and Nov! YarnYenta and I have joined forces to bring you socks and yarns based on Oriental Rugs. She'll do the designs and I'll do the dyeing.

The particulars:

3 months: Sept, Oct, Nov (middle - end of the month).
3 glorious new sock patterns designed by the inimitable YarnYenta!
3 stunning new rug colorways dyed by me.

Yarns? I have a lot to choose from and have not decided yet, but you know that they are all lovely because I wouldn't knit on them if they were not.

Cost? $86 for the, USA and Canada. Everywhere else is $90 (to cover First Class International shipment.)
Payment is done all at once, and not pay-as-you-go. I'll need payment by Sept 10 to make sure that I have enough to dye up the yarn.

Extra goodies? Nope. I don't like them, and don't send them, and anyhow, if it costs me to send them, then I have to add that cost to the club. We are a no-frills club, but we are sending you what counts: wonderful yarns and patterns!

Sign up: Any time from this blog and Etsy which is self-explanatory.

http://fritzl.etsy.com

Payment is done all at once, and not pay-as-you-go. I'll need payment by the end of January to make sure that I have enough time to dye up the yarn.

fritzL234 AT yahoo DOT com

Please join us on our carpet ride. Imagine your feet encased in warm, cushy socks to match some of the most beautiful and unusual rugs of the world. Hold onto the sides because we're about to take off. Kazak, Qum, and Suzanni rugs, here we come!

moiraeknittoo - The sample yarns are sitting here next to me and I like them very much.

itsJUSTme - That's OK. You know my mantra: There's always more yarn.

Molly - That's so nice of you. And you also know my mantra: there's always more yarn.

3 comments:

moiraeknittoo said...

If I get a job by then, I'm so totally in. This sounds awesome!

Wall-to-wall books said...

I wish I could but I just can't afford to do these!

Molly said...

Hi and I would love to be in on this but I can't afford to right now. But I do so love your blog. I signed on as a Follower so I will be checking back in with you. When you have time stop and say "Hi". Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails