Friday, May 6, 2011

New projects


While I'm dyeing up for the Light and Dark Lace Club, I'm also working on some projects for fun.  By the way, there are lots of opening left.  I have tons of yarn, so go and join.  We'll have fun.  Easy pattern for summer knitting, pretty colors, good price.  You can purchase in my Etsy shop.

Here's a neat, optical illusion blankie in progress.  This one is based on Lily Chin's Mosaic Afghans, and is such fun to do.  And thick!  I'm working on Encore DK, and let me tell you, this blankie is going to be toasty warm.  I'm thinking it would be nice in worsted wt, even though I much prefer the look of DK.  Well, when I finish it, and am still in the mood to make another one, maybe I'll do one in Encore.  Yep, I know.  Acrylic, but these acrylics are lovely, and I want a blankie to just toss into the washer and dryer.  Easy care.





Looks like it's out of focus, but that's the pattern.  The red portion has a different pattern.  I'm aiming for 3 strips, with the middle one starting with white as opposed to this strip where the charcoal started.  It's not narrower on the top; my camera decided to foreshorten it.  Bet you didn't know that I had an artistic camera, did you?

Here's the wrong side of it, also very interesting.




And this one shows the wrong side with the right side folded on top of it.  Talk about making you dizzy!  This will do it.  Funnily enough, it doesn't look weird while you are working on it.





And here's a lace scarf that I'm working on.  The body of the scarf is being done in this basic ground pattern. Almost mindless.  I'll add on a nice long border to each end when done.  I can't stretch it out to show you how much it opens up, but it really really opens.




There.  You get sort of the idea. 

Tomorrow we're off to possibly buy the little Janome sewing machine.  It gets great reviews, weighs only 12 lbs, so I can take it to a class.  I'm hoping to take a beginner piecing class.  And now I'm looking at American Girl Doll patterns.  Exactly when all this sewing is to take place is beyond me, but hey, it should be fun, and what do I have to lose anyway?  We could use a sewing machine.  The Hubs wants to learn.  Such fun.  Isn't it amazing what new things there are to learn?  I love to learn new crafts.

6 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow I love your optical illusion blankie, that looks so cool and like so much fun to knit!

Ruth said...

It's crocheted! Cool, huh? I didn't realize how optical it would look until I took the pics. Pretty ease and fast, too.

Scrabblequeen said...

Such very clever and lovely projects. My eyes were blurry even beofre I looked at the blankie...Can't wait to see what your sewing yields..since I totally know you'll find a way to fit it in. :-)

Anonymous said...

The blanket looks like it's fun to knit. I love the colors you chose for your projects they just seem to work for their respected projects, XD

Wall-to-wall books said...

OHHHH! I thought it was knit! Guess I didn't read very good!

RheLynn said...

Very pretty, and interesting, as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails