Tuesday, November 15, 2011

YES!!!!!

Feast your eyes on this, oh great quilters!  I actually made a Dresden Plate.  Whew. What a relief.  I may do nothing but DPs from now on.





Even the ugly colors don't look too too bad here.  Now onto doing some cute ones for a doll quilt.  I'm thinking that for the little quilt, I might want to make them a bit smaller, maybe from 4" squares.  I don't know.  I can practice on more of these charms.

Now to set it onto a block and sew it down.  What do you think?  I haven't the foggiest idea on how to put in the batting and backing.  All at once?  Gah.  Knitting is so much easier, but I did it.  Happy Dance around the house.

CarolynJean - They're growing on me.  My mother likes olives and browns.  Maybe I'll put it on a creamy piece of fabric.

beebee   - I think it'll become an addiction!

Wall-to-wall books - It's actually much much prettier in real life.  I think I'll keep it and make a little wall hanging out of it.  Or something.

Grace - Thanks.  I do too.  ;-)

4 comments:

Carolyn J. Blakelock said...

Hurrah! I kind of like the colors...

Barbara Arcement said...

Your dresden plate is perfect
I made 9 this week. I had all these yellow 5 inch squares and decided to try the dresden. I had never made one and like you...now I want to make more, more, more.
they are fun to make.
I like your blog!
hugs from south Louisiana
beebee

Wall-to-wall books said...

Love love love those colors!!!!

Grace said...

I absolutely love those colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails