Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm still here

But stressed.  The Mommie has to have angioplasty on Monday, and given her advanced age, I'm very nervous about it.  On the good side, she's in pretty good shape.  On the bad side, she's 97. 

I've done a bit of sewing, and a lot of nervous knitting, not a bit of which I can show you.  And a bit of dyeing, too.  Here are the colors for the next edition of the Light and Dark Lace Club.


The colors, except for the blue, are all spring pastels.  I wanted the blue to be lighter, but when I dyed it, it looked so totally washed out, that I went a bit darker.

They'll be up for sale sometime next week, depending on Mom's procedure.  Just thought I'd tempt you a bit.

Here's the latest doll quilt.  This time I'm using Hobbs Thermore as the batting, and the needle just slides through it so easily.  I rather like it, maybe even better than the all cotton one I've been using.


And that's it.  Spending tons of time going back and forth to doctors, having tests done, stressing out.  You who have done elder care know the routine.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Best wishes for your Mom's surgery!

Carolyn J. Blakelock said...

Don't forget to take care of yourself. Best wishes for your Mom's surgery, I'll be sending you positive thoughts.

On other topics - I quite like the blue, I was just thinking I needed to knit a blue shawl. And the quilt is lovely. I think I like this one the best yet.

Ruth said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. It really helps a lot.

I'm waiting for blue to become the color of the year. It's long overdue!

Jen Hagan said...

I love all the lace yarn colors! So bright and cheerful. I hope your mom's surgery goes very well!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Prayers for the mommie!
and for you!
The yarn is gorgeous as usual!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails