Sunday, July 8, 2012

Books!

I, the retired librarian, rarely tell you about my latest books, but here they are.

 I won this from Sew, Mama, Sew!  Me, who never wins anything.  What I didn't realize is that this is sewing with knits, something, other than American Girl doll clothes, that I haven't done in 25 years!  It would be nice to pick it up again, and I think this may just be the perfect place to learn and play.  I would only sew for Little Lili, who is 3.  She won't be fussy at all. Thanks, Sew, Mama, Sew!  What a treat!

Pinned Image

I've discovered home-made frozen yogurt.  Way back when in the Middle Ages, I owned a Donvier ice cream maker, and the kids and I would turn that handle as instructed, and we'd make pretty good ice cream.  So a couple of weeks ago, the Schmustermeister (aka the garage sale junkie) brought home a brand new Cuisinart ice cream maker that he got for 5 bucks.  Me, being me, then had to check out or put on reserve just about every frozen yogurt or ice cream book in the library system.  And this is my final selection.  The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.  

Pinned Image 

We are talking an amazing book here!  The frozen yogurt recipes are beyond wonderful.

Knitting:  I'm thinking about making a BSJ for the American Girl Doll.  I'm 3/4 finished with the baby one, and I really like knitting them.

Quilting:  Slogging along on that starry quilt.

Off to find a good recipe for dark chocolate frozen yogurt.  I think I'll combine the basic vanilla one with cocoa and melted chocolate.  Maybe even use some chocolate extract instead of or with the vanilla extract.  YUM!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails