Sunday, January 27, 2019

A pair of socks

The Little Guy (6 years old) needs socks.  He lives in the Frozen Northland, and it's cold and his little tootsies are not happy.  So that's what I'm doing these days.

One pair of Helical Socks for him.  The lovely stripes are done by using 3 leftoverballs of sock yarn, and rotating them as I knit.  The funny thing down the center happens when you switch yarns.  On the leg and foot, it looks just fine.  I suppose I could try to work that joining place differently, but who cares.  It works out just fine, and Helical Socks are fiddly enough and I just want to motor along.

Now I have to stop making them, and get on with the quick knitting:  just one sad ball of yarn/pair.  Alas.

Upward and onward to more socks.  Gotta keep his feet warm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails