Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Lots of knitting

 All knitted since November.  First of all, a Kid sweater.  KnitPicks Brava sport, which is inexpensive, washes and wears like iron, and is perfect for an active 8 year old.


Next, 2 pairs of Kid socks, both knitted from sock yarn from KnitPicks.  Soft, washes and wears well, and quite cozy to wear.


And finally, a shawl for DD#2, who requested a warm shawl in a heavier yarn than fingering.  This one is the Satie pattern from Dee O'Keefe, knitted in Miss Babs Yowza, a stunning DK yarn.  I made it a bit shorter than the pattern since it felt large enough and was at the point of heaviness where it was bothering my hands to knit it.  It is still large and cuddly.


On the needles now:  a mismatched helix sock for Miss P, a cabled sweater for me out of Cascade 220, and 2" done of a twist stitch sweater, also for me, in fingering wt yarn.

Quilting?  The Kid's quilt needs 3 more rows attached and then off it goes to Sew Jersey, my local and amazing quilt shop. 



2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all the knitting looks so nice - the shawl looks vert intricate!

Mobasir hassan said...

Everything is so nicely described that really helped me. I am looking for more such inspirations in future too and hoping to publish such articles in my blog <a href='hassanchef.com>hassanchef</a> in near future. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails