Monday, July 20, 2009

The Yarnarian Did Warn You!



Are you ready for the update of the year? Tons of yarns, including some brand new ones. Why do I have so many yarns? Because I love to play with them, I'm a confused business woman, I like yarn, I need my head examined. Pick one or all of them.

Bambi: Heather Wine & Gloria's Morning




Alexa: Pine, Brise, Peaches & Wood Nymph






Emily 1/2 skeins (& half price and 1/2 yardage): Tigerlily & Rustic




New Yarns!

Linda: 80/20 Superwash Bluefaced Leicester/nylon. The nicest, woolly sock yarn around. Long fibers, soft as can be, and totally different from merino. Also known as BFL. I have just a few skeins of this because I wanted to try it out before putting in a bigger order. Well now you know that I am going to order more and more of this yarn; it's that wonderful! $20. 100 grams approx 400 yards.

Here's a pic of that sock I've been working on. This is BFL.



Cabin & Wine and Roses:




AND, the next brand new yarn is: Rachel. Yeah, I used to carry a Rachel lace wt, but don't anymore. But I had to name a yarn after elder DD, so here is the new Rachel and what a yarn it is! 100% superwash merino. 2 ply, amazing yarn. $20. 100 grams. approx 400 yards. This is for the skinny yarn lovers among you. It's skinnier than Bambi, Alexa or Linda, about the same heft as Penny. This is so new that I haven't even knitted anything from it yet. But the dyeing process was wonderful. This yarn just soaks up dye. and the hand is amazing and I just have to decide what to knit from it. Socks, scarves, mitts. No nylon so if you have feet that destroy socks, you need to add some reinforcing yarn for your heels and toes. Or you could just make the most wonderful scarves from this. It's that soft.

Grand Dame, Evening's Gloria, Lake and Elza's Colors.






I need to keep one of the Rachel yarns to try out. I'm thinking Grand Dame, unless you are desperate for it. Why this one? Because my bloody camera doesn't want to photograph it properly. The really dark color is deep wine. My camera seems to see it as brown; it's not. sigh. There are moments when it's camera - 1, ruth - 0!

You want? email me before Wed. fritzL234 AT yahoo DOT com
Last day I can ship is Wed, since I'm off to see Miss P on Fri. So, mail out day would be Wed, and I need to know beforehand. Make sense? I won't list on Etsy until I come back. And if you miss one, hey, there's always more yarn. Maybe not in those colors, but in some colorway or other.

I'm keeping Grand Dame; you can't tell the colors anyhow so it's mine! Hah!

Elza's Colors is spoken for.


Heather Wine is grabbed!

itsJUSTme-wendy - The hardest thing I find about internet communication is that you get no aural cues. That's what I don't like about talking on the phone - no facial cues. So much of chatting is watching the faces of the folks you're talking too. Sometimes I write things and I think: they'll take this seriously. And that's when I type in "giggle".

2 comments:

Henya said...

You are a menace to society! Those colors are gorgeous! Can you please add Heather Wine to my order?

Wall-to-wall books said...

Well, I, for one really appreciate those like you who dye their own yarn. I love all the color combos and the work that goes into it!
And- yes, I think we are on the same page. LOL. It is hard to put into words what you are thinking sometimes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails