Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Granny square quilt

I'm enchanted with the granny square quilts that are all over the web at the moment, so, brave woman that I am, I decided to make a lap quilt.

Here's what I have so far.





My Bestest BFF had a birthday recently.  So I made her a project bag.  I might be done with project bags for a little while now.  On the other hand, I want to start an English paper pieced 60 deg. diamond quilt, so I will need yet another bag.  Probably a small one to start, and then a larger one as the quilt progresses.  I'll use almost any excuse to make these bags.  ;-)



I'm very edgy today.  My mom had a little stroke sometime in the night or this morning, and her left side was affected.  She seems to have regained a bit of motion in the left arm, however.  She managed to scarf down a good breakfast using her right hand.  She's right-handed, which helps.  Lately, she'd been using her left hand.  Why?  I have no idea.  She's The Mommie, and that's that.

The various medical folks who visit her residence are talking about having her go into hospice.  Nope, too soon for that.  She's a fighter, still enjoys her life, and not in any pain or discomfort.  Being her medical advocate is maybe the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I'm glad, however, that I can do it.  It's a mitzvah for me to help her out at this point in her life.  Very very difficult, but I know her wishes and am confident that so far, I'm doing all right with the decision-making.

scrapperjen - I kinda like the quilt, too.  And those bags are beyond adorable and fun to make.  I might have to make me a couple more.  After all, I'm always starting new projects, so I always need new bags.

5 comments:

Jen Mc said...

I can't wait to see that quilt all put together. I'm intrigued!
Another cute bag!
Have a Happy Mother's Day - HUGS!

SharonO said...

I think you quilt is shaping up to be beautiful. Enjoy your paper pieced quilt. I found the set up the worst part, piecing them together was fun and relaxing.

Your Mommie is lucky to have such an informed and fierce advocate.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why, but when I saw these Batchwork quilts, I thought of you.

I LOVE your knitting bags. I tried one out of that slippery fabric that I had left from making superhero capes for the grandsons.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why, but when I saw these Batchwork quilts, I thought of you.

I LOVE your knitting bags. I tried one out of that slippery fabric that I had left from making superhero capes for the grandsons.

Carol said...

Where did you buy your pattern from?
Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails