Friday, December 7, 2012

What's on your needles Friday

Baby Gear!

Panic has set in.  Mister is due in less than 7 weeks, and I'm betting he comes early.  So, lots of knitting for him this week.


Sweater needs the ties sewn on and blocking.  The hat just needs a bit of blocking.  Given that this is going to a newborn, I'll give it a good wash for the blocking.  Booties are in progress.


This is going to be a baby sweater/jacket.  I'm working it in a DK wt yarn with 5.5 sts/inch, so it's nice and solid.  Mister will live in Minnesota, so he needs warm baby gear.  January in MN is brrrrr!  I know; for some reason, I'm always out there in the coldest month of the year.  My SIL swears that I bring the coldest week of the winter whenever I arrive.  So, we have to keep little Mister very warm and toasty.  I'm thinking a modified drop with sleeves picked up and worked down.  Border on the sleeve, and maybe a collar in the border.  I'm not yet sure about that.  If I have enough, I'll toss in booties and a baby blankie.  I want Mister to be seriously in style, here.

Did you read that Pantone's color of the year is emerald?  Maybe Mister needs an emerald green outfit.  I have some lovely SW DK for dyeing, so he just might get clothing in the color of the year.  As if he cares.  Babies!  I'm so excited.  I can't wait to meet him.


5 comments:

Judy Whitehead said...

I used to LOVE knitting for babies! Since all the grands are teens now, no baby knitting for several years here, and none in the foreseeable future either!

Sarah said...

Hmmm...if Mister comes a little early he could arrive on my favorite day! The sweaters are adorable.

Dar said...

Your sweater set is so cute. You are a knitting machine and little Mister is such a lucky baby to have a grandma that takes good care of him. Have fun when you go to MN. I don't envy you the weather there, but hugs for the Mister will warm you up.

straythreads said...

that sweater is so precious
Ann

Judy S. said...

You've been very busy! All these sweaters, and here I'm trying to get one done for Jan. 4th when GS #3 turns one. Knit on everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails