Friday, December 13, 2013

Good grief!  It's been almost 3 months since I last posted!  And where have I been?  No place.  Just hanging out, knitting, quilting, reading, exercising, visiting the MN folks, the usual stuff.  I just didn't have either the blogging or dyeing mojo.  BUT, I think they are both back.  Yippee!

Part of the problem was that our old computer died, and we bought Windows 8.  I do not like Windows 8.  It can't make up its mind if it is a tablet or a desktop.  Drives me crazy.  Tasks that were so easy to do in the older Windows became cumbersome.  And then I couldn't get my camera to work with this software, etc, etc.  In short, I said Piffle upon it all.  But then, my dear Hubz got an older version of Windows, and this one I understand.  So, I'm writing this on the old new computer because I have my pics loaded here now.  Does this make any sense?  Nah, not to me either.  Suffice it to say, The older Windows and I get along very well.

PennyRose Yarns has been on hold for a few months.  I just didn't feel like dyeing.  I'm so enjoying my sewing and quilting that I lost the desire to dye.  But Wed, the mojo hit, and I dyed up 10 skeins and loved every minute of it.  So, for you sock knitters, here are the latest and greatest colorways.

The first batch are Rachel yarn.  400 yards of 100% superwash merino in a yarn with a lovely little twist to it.  Very soft and woolly.  Soft enough to wear next to your skin, and even though there is no nylon in the yarn, it works very well as a sock yarn.  I know this because I have a number of socks knitted from Rachel yarn, and they wear very well.

$23/skein + first class shipping.  Etsy:  http://fritzl.etsy.com







Next are 3 skeins of Rachel Sparkle.  Same base as Rachel (above) but with Stellina added in, which gives it a lovely little sparkle.  And 437 yards.  Price is $24/skein.




And last, but not least, one skein of Lyric yarn.  400 yards of a single high-twist yarn.  Skinny stuff and probably best for smaller feet, but it crochets up to a very pretty scarf, and knits so beautifully.  Don't let the kinks in the yarn scare you; they smooth out as they flow through your fingers and will not get in your way at all.

Walnut at $23/skein.


2 comments:

Ruth said...

I get the whole not blogging for months at a time thing...I get the technology wars, too. Good to see you back!

Ruth said...

There are days when I just want to throw that idiot computer across the room. So now I'm working with 2 computers and it's confusing. It is good to be back, however.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails