Friday, January 20, 2017

Yoked!

Lots of progress on my fake Bohus yoke sweater, mostly because I've been laid up for over a week with a very nasty bacterial infection.  I'm on the mend now, but for much of the week, I slept, coughed, slept, coughed, and occasionally (when the Tylenol kicked in) knit.  That's it.

"Fake" Bohus because, while it is based on a genuine Bohus pattern, I modified it to suit me.  Yes, it is very very raw looking, but it will all smooth out with a good wash.


Here's a close-up of the yoke.  Isn't it bumpy and lumpy and utterly awful?  But the stranding is very good, with enough slack on the wrong side, so that it will all become very smooth.  Those little blips of color are actually purl stitches.  Kind of interesting to do, although I prefer not having them.  But I am playing with a genuine Bohus pattern, and those purl stitches are used, so I thought I would just put them in.


I'm not planning on any other patterning in the yoke.  No good reason except that I think this is enough.  I will do the rib in the off-white to live with the other rib sections.

And that's it, kids.  I now need a yoke break.  I'm thinking of yet another fake Eriskay gansey.  Haven't done one yet this year, and it's calling me.  Or maybe a very wide panel of pattern on the body?  We shall see.

Quilting?  I was too sick to even contemplate sewing a seam, but the urge is coming on me again.

Thanks, Ramona!  It's been interesting!  Can't wait until I feel human again.

4 comments:

Ramona said...

Your sweater is beautiful! I'm sorry you have been so sick, but am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you will be back to quilting soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

The sweater looks great!

Sarah said...

Good to know you're feeling better enough to feeling like sewing. Such a gorgeous sweater!!

Dar said...

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather recently. Your sweater with the complicated yoke looks very pretty but also very complicated to me. You obviously are an advanced knitter. Will be interested in seeing it after it's been washed and blocked to see the difference that you mentioned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails