Friday, March 10, 2017

49 blocks

That's how many I've made so far.  I can get 1-2 done most days.  This is slow stitching at its slowest, but it is very enjoyable.

I'm planning on 10 blocks/row, with side fill-in blocks on the odd rows.  Probably 11 rows in total, and then the top and bottom fill-in blocks.  I work on it just about every day, but when Sock Madness patterns come out, then I put the quilt aside.  Right how I have 8 blocks joined for the first two rows, and a couple on the third row, just to play with it a bit.  I decide each block's placement as I go along.  This is how I like to work:  a minimum of organization and a maximum of serendipity.



And here's the quilt in progress.


Click on the photos to get the best view.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love it - you are using batiks - do they give you fits and find them harder to stitch then others? I have been using bits of a hand dyed fabric here and there in my hexes and they are the toughest fabric I have ever run across - worse than batiks which normally do not bother me all that much.

hd said...

Very nice! Are the sock madness patterns interesting this year? I quit after a few years when it became not fun, leaving me with useless socks...

Mary said...

Beautiful EPP blocks!

Sarah said...

Congrats on completing 49 blocks already! They look fantastic stitched together! Have you determined how many full blocks you'll need yet? I'm sure I could do the math but I didn't want to hurt myself. LOL. I would guess you have more than half so far...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails