Monday, March 13, 2017

First row done and a name


I have a name:  Whirligig.  We have one in our back yard that spins in the wind, and at night is lit up by LED lights.  I just love it.  The spinning blades on this block remind me of that whirligig. 


The indentation on the second row is where the partial block will come.  And of course, there will be partial ones on the top.  I'm planning on a border or two.  We'll see; there's a long way to go.

Latest blocks.




I'm not sure about this last one; that's a pretty striking coral/orange, but I think if I incorporate it into at least 3-5 more blocks, it should work out.  If not, then it can become a coaster.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Well you know I like it! Love the orange one too - like you say if you have a couple scattered through out of that color it will be just fine

Deborah said...

I think that is an excellent name. It makes sense when you put them all together.

Sarah said...

Whirligig is a perfect name! A few of those orange blocks will add a lot of life to your quilt.

Judy D in WA said...

Oh Dear, I love this and cannot chase your squirrel. As much as I want to. Hahaha!
Love the orange one, keep it, make a few more bights and none of them will stand out. I can't wait to follow your progress.

Cathy said...

Oh my..... another potential rabbit hole to fall into..... I love it! And the orange is wonderful

Holly said...

lots of fun, bright colors and all. Why, if you don't have something that bites a bit - it would be oh, so boring. And I understand completely why you don't have much knitting time.

Sock Madness???

Julierose said...

Perfect name for this beauty--love how it's coming together so well hugs, Julierose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails