Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018 resolutions

I rarely make New Year's resolutions, mostly because I never follow through on them, but this year I decided to make some.  We shall see if I actually accomplish all of them.  Hah.  Feel free to laugh.

  1. Knit 6 sweaters.  This is not hard and I'll probably make it through.
  2. Knit 6 shawls.  Ditto on this knitting.
  3. Make 6 quilts. Uh huh.  Probably not, but at least I have some sort of goal.
  4. Actually finish 6 quilts, quilting, binding and all.  Meh. Doubtful, but you never know.
First shawl of the year.  Look how far I've gotten since a couple of days ago.  It's remarkably pleasant to knit, even with the endless garter stitch rows.  You can see the swoopy part over on the top right.


The name of the shawl is Frozen Skies, but with my colorway, I think of it as Neapolitan Ice Cream.  There are some nice lace sections, which will look dopey until blocked.  That's just the way for knitted lace:  it needs a firm stretched-out blocking.

The new quilt is proceeding nicely.  I almost have it down-pat, i.e. I rip only every 3rd block.  I have to keep a block in front of me to make sure my pieces go where they should.  I need a name for this.  No ideas.


Photographed on top of the fluffy comforter.  That's why the hills and valleys.  I think this will be the layout I use.  The question is whether I put sashing between the 4-patch blocks.  I think so.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails