Monday, January 8, 2018

The sewing urge is back.

I started an exploding block quilt last April, and finally finished it on Fri and sent it off to the quilter.  Forgot to take a photo, but it is very pretty.   Here's what I posted back in the spring.


And now I've started something new.  This is a Tula Pink layer cake (can't figure out the name since it's not on the label), but it doesn't matter.  Anything by Tula Pink is delicious.




Just a little idea of what's going to happen.  5" and 2.5" blocks coming together somehow.  I'm using Cake Mix Recipe 2 from Miss Rosie, and it is so easy and pleasant to stitch.  You brilliant quilters out there may scoff, but a woman who cannot sew a 1/4' seam (forget "scant") is in love with this.  Of course I'll have to sew them together and there goes all the careful work previously done, but at least I'm starting out with the right dimensions.

I have no idea yet on how I'm going to assemble them.  There are 6 ideas on the package, and I can play around with anything I like, but that's a way off.

And a happy piece of news:  The temp right now in my part of NJ is 23 deg, and will go up to 27 deg.  Finally!  It feels almost balmy outside.  Whoo hoo.  Maybe the cold snap is finally done!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you might be amazed at how many of us can not do a perfect 1/4 inch seam and I always think if they want "scant" then make a "scant 1/4 inch foot"!! why is it we are always supposed to know what that equals?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails