Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Yarnarian is back.


The Sixty-Nine Stations of the Kisokaido



We had a wonderful time in Minnesota as usual. DD took us to Northfield, home of Carleton College and St. Olaf's. Lovely little town with cute shops and such. Hung out with family, and came home quite content with the weekend. Next is Cape Cod, and you know how much I adore the Cape. About 3 weeks to go. I'm counting the seconds!

Dyeing news: This week I was inspired by my Azaleas and a bouquet of Mother's Day flowers I saw on the Web. But what really caught my eye was the art work of Hiroshige and Eisen: The Sixty-Nine Stations of the Kisokaido.

So first the flowery moments:

Ruth's Azaleas and Mom's Bouquet




And the wonderful pictures of the 2 Japanese Artists!

The first 3 are by Hiroshige: Yawata, Okute, and Shinmachi.

Yawata, Okute, and Shinmachi.





And the last one is inspired by Eisen: Tsumago.



These will all go up in my Etsy shop starting today. If you want one before I post it, just send me an email: fritzL234 AT Yahoo DOT com

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh, I have always wanted to go to cape cod! I have been to MN lots, my parents used to live there. They now live in TN.

Nice yarn, just beautiful.

Henya said...

Glad you had a good time. Love the new colors. I am in a pink haze at this point and playing with your Rainbow Tangerine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails