Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Yarnarian Watches TV.

Whoo hoo! The fall season has begun. After the vast wasteland that is summer television, it's so great to watch all my regular shows again.

House is back, this time with Cuddy and House starting a relationship. The first show wasn't "House-ish" enough for me. I love his weird way of looking at the world, but I have great hopes for his usual misanthropic ways. We also watched The Event on NBC; this might grow into something.

And last night, The Biggest Loser started again. I'm in love with that show. Considering that I'm a little over 5'1" and a size 6-8 (depending on the day's blubbiness), I'm not exactly someone who is even remotely overweight. But I love to watch these poor folk go from obesity and feelings of worthlessness into strong, confident athletes. I have to admit that we tend to nibble when we watch TBL, thus defeating any possibility of weight loss for ourselves. Still, it is inspiring. Now if they only didn't keep repeating the same lines over and over and over. But then, during those repetitious moments, I can find more nibbles, and can do some bread baking, and knit, and crochet.

And while I was watching TBL, I baked some bagels. They look odd, not like store-bought ones, but they have this wonderful crackly crust. They also don't taste much like regular bagels, but they are mighty tasty.

Tonight? Who knows? Maybe I'll just read instead. I'm beginning to think that I need a 28 hour day. There is just not enough time to knit, read, compute, bake, exercise, etc, etc. If I ever get off Facebook, then I'd get the time, but do I do that? Noooo. I have to play my dopey games. What's a day without Farmville or Cafe World? Not to mention the never-ending games of Klondike on MindJolt.

Pics? Nope, not at the moment. I'm writing this at 5AM, because I wake up every morning at 4ish, play on Facebook, and now I'm blogging. Besides, I haven't done enough of anything to show you new pics. And so it goes.

Back to slumberland. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails