Monday, April 8, 2013

Info about the Shirt Strings quilt

I got the idea way, way back when, years before I started sewing again, from a quilt in one of Kaffe Fassett's books.  He used men's shirting which he bought from a pricey haberdasher in London.  I never forgot that quilt, so when I began quilting, I started looking for men's shirts.  Forget expensive shirting fabric; I wanted to do this on the cheap, ahem, frugal.

It was only a few months ago that I began looking at Bonnie Hunter's site and the spot where she talks about repurposing shirts.  And then the light dawned on me when I discovered Mary Johnson's Heart Strings site.  To top it all off, Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company put out a video of this technique.   MSQC now sells 10" square foundation paper, which is a great size for me, and I don't have to make my paper foundations;  they've done it all for me.

That's the story, Morning Glory.  So now you know. 

Finished the 5th row tonight.  2 more rows and then I start sewing these guys together. 

No pics because it's dark.  You don't want to see dark pics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails