Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's What on Wednesday


The back of Rachel's sweater.  Looks foreshortened because of my angle.


Here's the bodice on the back.  It's a bit compressed but will block out just fine.


Here's the band separating the body from the bodice.  Looks kind of weird, but again, will block out well.


A little bit of the front.  You can see the band and about an inch of the bodice.  Doesn't look like much right now.




The bodice patterns, which are not typical gansey patterns.  The center pattern is a nice lace.

Next to it are the 2 fake cable guys.  These are done by slipping the 3rd st from the end of the needle over the first two, then k1, yo, k1 to make the three sts again.  Cute stitch and one of my all-time favorites.

Next, again between the fake cables, is a little twist st pattern, with no cable needle required.  I love how this looks.  And the final pattern is a Jacob's Ladder, which is a real gansey pattern.

Such fun!  I might finish the front bodice today, and then knit the shoulders together, pick up and knit the sleeves.  I'm thinking of combining that diagonal pattern from the body with the fake cable for the sleeve.  I'll give it a try, and if I don't like it, I'll just frog it.  I knit, therefore I frog.

Reading?  Pagan Spring by G.M. Malliet.  Funny mystery in a tiny English village with a cute Vicar and an odd assortment of characters.


Sewing?  Nope.  Too busy knitting and working out and baking bread and celebrating the Big Birthday.  But I am thinking about it and drooling over fabric.  Not buying any, which is good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails