Tuesday, March 12, 2019

My Spector sweater

My Spector sweater, designed by JoJi Locatelli.  I rarely use someone else's sweater pattern because I've been doing my own sweater thing for about 45 years. But every now and then, I see something that I really like, and I make it.

4 skeins of Madeline Tosh Twist Light, a basic sock yarn, plied, not a singles.  Simply Socks had a kit (and you know I rarely buy kits, but this was perfect).  This is the first time I've used sock yarn in a sweater, and now I know how to work with it.  In sock knitting, you want nice tight stitches, but not drapey like in a sweater.  I will use sock yarn again.

I love all of this sweater.  Mods for the next time:  shorter sleeves and body; this thing grew in the blocking.  I would use the basic shaping again, but put in my own patterns.  The yoke was fun, the sleeves and body, endless, but I expected that.



Me, attempting to hide my old lady tummy (with no success at all).  I'm not going on a diet.  Piffle.  



Thanks, Bishop Stone!  I love the fade very much.

1 comment:

Bishop Stone said...

I really like those colours. Looks great

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails