Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Yarnarian cooks Indian

Kashmiri baingan, aka Eggplant with apples, fennel and black cumin.  P.495 from Raghavan Iyer's book, 660 curries.  My only modification was to leave out the chilies, 'cause I get terribly sick from them.  And I did add a bit of sweet paprika to help with the smokiness of chilies. I used Japanese eggplant and Braidburn apples.

You cannot imagine just how wonderful this is.  One of my grands, who is a very fussy eater, kept nibbling on this.  I can't even describe the taste.  The eggplant picks up the tartness of the apples and the apples get that umami taste from the eggplant.

Go, borrow the books from the library (I own mine) and make this.  If you think you don't like Indian food, you will be surprised at this tasty treat.

1 comment:

Nukkadwala said...

Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic.
Jeera Shikanji Order Online

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails