Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Yarnarian cooks Indian

Moong dal with dill.  It's more yellow than the picture suggests.  Moong dal is this teeny little split yellow lentil.  It's adorable.  Well, I think that it's cute.  But better than cute is taste.  Dal, garlic, hing, AKA asafetida (I have a thing for hing), mustard seeds, and of course, dill.  Lots of dill. 

It comes out very soupy, but you add a slurry of garbanzo flour mixed with water, saute it up and it will thicken.  Thickens more as it cools.  I have no idea what it will do overnight in the fridge, but it will still be delicious.

We had 3 smallish russet potatoes, so I made potatoes with fenugreek.  We were hungry so I never got to photograph it.  It was so yummy!  Potatoes, lots of garlic, kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves 'cause I didn't have fresh), cumin seeds, salt, water.  Sounds dull, but it was out of this world.

We had leftover basmati rice with cumin plus a tofu dish.  I'm stuffed and we got rid of the leftovers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails