Friday, March 8, 2019

Sock Madness 13

It's that time of year again:  Sock Madness on Ravelry.  This is SM 13.  You begin with a qualifying round, and here are my socks, Smock Madness.  Knitted very loosely to fit the large Hubz feet.  If you don't think that gauge matters, then this should convince you.  Had I knitted to gauge, it would have fit Miss P's feet.  Me?  I have small narrow feet and none of the SM socks ever really fit me.  But my gauge was much looser so that he could have new socks.

This is a close-up of the leg beginning.  You can see the pattern and how loose my gauge is.





My yarn was an ancient ball of Lion Brand Sock-ease.  Somehow I acquired 3 balls of this stuff for free, and I don't much like the color.  So I'm planning on using it for the initial pairs of SM socks.  The color leaves something to be desired, but the Hubz doesn't care, and neither will Miss P, should she get the next pair. 

Thanks, Deborah Hamilton!  He does like them, which is good since they won't fit anyone else.


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Those are really nice socks, and I like the color. I'm sure your hubby really appreciates them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails