Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Mommie!

Mystery Sock Clue #2 posted below.

We interrupt all the lovely socking going on around here to announce that today is the Mommie's 94th birthday!

Yay, the Mommie!

We celebrated her birthday on Sunday at my sister's house. All the kids were there except for the Minnesota crowd. It was lovely. My sister now lives in my mom's house, and has made a few changes here and there but it's still very much as my mother left it.

I was kind of nervous about the Mommie's reaction to going to "her" house, and she was too. She told me she was afraid she would cry, but she didn't. She said it was a treat, and she had such a wonderful day.

We ate and laughed and talked nonstop the way the family did when we were kids: 8 people all talking loudly and at the same time. At least 4 conversations going on simultaneeously, and everyone knowing what anyone else was talking about and jumping into the middle of other conversations. In short, the family chaos. I loved every minute of it. When we were kids, we'd go to our grandparents every Saturday. There would always be company there. And we'd have Jause (an Austrian custom of coffee and eats in the afternoon), and everyone would argue about politics and such.

When we brought the Mommie back home, she told me that if I have an old age like her old age, I'll be a very lucky woman. She feels very loved. I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this. Whadda woman she is!

shortoldlady - Thanks for the Mommie b-day wishes. She's the Mommie!

1 comment:

old lady said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMIE!!! Sounds like a wonderful time was had. Such a wise mother you have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails