Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Yarnarian is in the pink of things...



Plus some other lovely colorways. After all, knitters do not live by pink alone.

Dyeing news: the new offerings for this week. Yep there are 4 pinks, and 4 other pastels. All in almost almost solids to almost solids. First are the pinks, all dyed in Alexa.
Alexa is 80/20 SW merino/nylon. A tad heavier than "regular" sock yarn with great loft so easily knitted at 7.5 - 8 sts/inch. Wonderful for socks and scarves and all those lovely little shawlettes. 4 oz, approx 420 yards.

Pinkalina:





Mauving Along:





Where's the Pink?:




Torrid Pink:




And now the Linda Blue Faced Leicester yarn.

Linda BFL is 80/20 SW BFL/nylon. Lofty as is the Alexa, and with a very long staple wool yarn. BFL has to be felt to be believed. It's a remarkable yarn, and I'm luck to get it at such a good price. 4 oz, approx 420 yards.

Honey:




Lavender Blue:





Shale:





Memories:




Cost of each skein is $20 + shipping.

You want? Email me at fritzL234 AT yahoo Dot com


Honey is bought.

Pinkalina and Lavender Blue are sharked.

Jen - I did get a bit carried away with the brightness and all. I set out to do pastels but the dyes would have none of it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oooh. Very pretty!

Henya said...

I just got my very lovely "Undina". I am sleeping with it tonight. Yes I know, I sound like I have a yarn fetish. That is because I do have it. And then tomorrow I will start on a new pair of socks.
The pinks are breathtaking. I love them all.
If I were a rich woman...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails