Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Yarnarian gets inspired, yet again.

Paul Helleu Sketching with His Wife



This time by paintings by Sargent, he of the magnificent colors! When I look at a painting, I first see the composition and subject, and then I look at the colors, and Sargent was brilliant in his choice of colors. What I did was look at each painting, and then whatever area of colors my eye was drawn to, that's what I tried to dye. So if you should look at any of these paintings, please note that I singled out a small portion of each one.

A Boating Party. Yep, that boat got to me pretty quickly.




Artist in Simplon: Look at his painting of the mountains!




In the Garden, Corfu: Her skirt, of course.




Mountain Stream: Those rocks and boulders!




Olive Trees, Corfu: Look at the grassy areas.




Paul Helleu Sketching with His Wife: All the lovely grassy areas.




The Sketchers: Various grassy and flowery areas.




You know the drill: if you want before I post on Etsy, email me. fritzL234 AT yahoo DOT com

The Artist in Simplon is grabbed.

2 comments:

pendie said...

Such gorgeous colors!!

Henya said...

What a wonderful idea! You are wonderful. Is "Artist in Simplon" available? If it is I want it. I am treating myself to the baby gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails