Monday, June 28, 2010

The Yarnarian has a nice weekend.

Boring? Nah, just pleasant. Went to lunch at a Turkish restaurant on Sat. This is now the cuisine of the moment. First we hit Anatolia in Waterbury, CT and then Sat we went to Bosphorus in Lake Hiawatha, NJ. And what is the highlight of all this tastiness: Shepherd salad! Cut up tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion. Splash a bit of olive oil and either some fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar on top. That's it. Perfect for the hot, humid weather we're having.

Last night's dinner was great: Black bean veggie burgers on top of rosemary bread, Shepherd salad, fresh corn on the cob, iced tea, and later, for dessert: Trader Joe's chocolate sorbet mixed with a tad of Ben and Jerry's Marzipan ice cream. Mindlessly simple and truly great!

And that's it! Today I'm dyeing more of the Night at the MOOseum colorway. At least, I'm going to try to emulate it. It can't be the same because who remembers what went into the dye pot soup, bit it will be good nonetheless.

And then enough laundry to choke a horse! I forgot to pick up the Mommie's laundry and had bags of it on Fri. So I have to make a dent there.

Is this not the most boring blog post ever? Even the labels for the post are boring! So it goes. We can't always have wild excitement here. It's too hot and sticky for excitement. Global warming is back, unfortunately. Pics of yarn tomorrow.

The Yarnarian is off to dye.

tsJUSTme - The food is amazing. Fresh Mediterranean cuisine, and you have to try the sigara boerek, and the Turkish coffee, and the stuffed veggies. And speaking of restaurants, have you eaten in the Moosewood Restaurant? I'm dying to try it out but it is a major schlep from here.

itsJUSTme - The Hubbo deals with little phone companies in New York State and PA; maybe your town is one of his. Message me on Rav, and I'll chat with you there.

3 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are making me hungry!!!! Stop!
I have never been to a Turkish restaurant.
That salad sounds so yummy!

and by-the-way, nothing makes me wish for winter! LOL

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh yeah! I used to eat at the moosewood all the time!!! I used to have a couple of their cookbooks too.

Wall-to-wall books said...

P.S. (sorry) Do you like Thai food? There is a real good Thai restaurant downtown Ithaca and there is one in college town too! Both are really good. Maybe the one in college town is Indian, hmm, I will have to look it up.
Oh my gosh! If you ever come to this area, you have to let me know! We will go out to dinner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails