Monday, June 25, 2012

Starring along


 Here's the star quilt as of this morning.  Growing slowly but steadily.  Now what I need is a good name for her.

I was trying to figure out why I like EPP so much as opposed to plain hand sewing, and I figured it out.  The first needlecraft I learned was embroidery, and I always used a hoop or frame to keep the fabric taut.  So it's the floppiness of fabric pieces that drives me crazy if I hand sew, whereas English paper pieced fabrics are very firm.  Ah ha.

I have 5 completed stars to add sometime this week.  Hmm, now where to put them?

We were up in MA this weekend seeing the kids and grands and my MIL.  Didn't bring any knitting with me, which is shocking!  But I can do EPP in the car, so that's what I brought.

This week?  More stars.  And maybe even a bit of yarn dyeing, and lots of shawl knitting.  And the GYM!  I ate enough food this weekend for an army.  I'm trying to lose 5 lbs, not put it on.

15 comments:

Charlene S said...

A break will only set you back if you don't go back to your routine. Also what seems like a lot now was just the tip before. Our idea of correct portion size changes as we exercise and change our eating habits.

Ruth said...

This week it's back to yogurt and simple, small meals. I swear I ate as much as the Hubz this weekend, and he's 6'1" and I'm a foot shorter. But it was delicious food!

onlymehere said...

This is beautiful! I just found your blog through Design Wall Monday and I'm so glad I did!
Cindy

Teresa said...

beautiful, inspiring me to pull my EPP star blocks back out and work on them, thanks for sharing

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I gained 7 on the cruise and have kept it as a souvineer for the last two months. I challenge you to a gym week!

glen

Ruth said...

QuiltSwissy - OK. When? You do realize that I'm a small woman of a certain age. Hah. Clumsy and can't play any sports. BUT, I can treadmill, and lift weights. OK, small weights.

Ruth said...

Teresaquilts - Go do it, and I'll be inspired by you, too.

Ruth said...

Cindy, I love finding new blogs. I can waste more time cruising blogs than getting anything done.

Henya said...

The quilt looks wonderful, but you shocked me, no knitting on a trip?! How can this be?! Have you gone to the "other side"?! Hope to see lost of new colored yarn soon. I just wound up one of the very presios hanks of yarn I got from you into a ball, new sock are coming up.

Ruth said...

Henya, After 10 zillion years of knitting, I've lost a lot of the mojo. I wouldn't mind getting it back, but right now this quilt is obsessing me. Hey, it's all hand work; maybe you want to do it too. Nice blankie for new baby?

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fabulous hand work project! Would love it if you linked up your post to my Sunday Hand Work blog post.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just gorgeous - wonderful work.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the colors of your stars, so beautiful.

Sarah said...

I'm not much of an embroider-er or a hand piecer ... the only thing I can think of is that I love hexies for their portability and zillion design ideas just from little bits of paper and cloth.

Your stars look great and I like the mix of blues.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails