Monday, June 18, 2012

Stars in my eyes

And in my hands, and all over every horizontal surface in the living room. 


What I am not showing is all the prep work for the quilt:  fabric cutting, using the paper pieces, sewing the components together, pulling out the paper pieces to reuse.  There's a lot that goes on in English paper piecing.  It's much more work than sewing on the machine, but I really love doing it.  It has this gentle rhythm that is soothing and peaceful.  (and piece full, too)

8 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

wow! incredible!

Vicki H. said...

fabulous! I love the color combo. Yes it is a ton of work!!

Gail said...

Love the way the fabrics are working in this design, great colors! Thanks for leaving a msg on my blog, to answer your question, I do plan to make the full (24 hex) block, the same design/size as the original. At least, that is the plan.

marcella said...

Beautiful! I love english paper piecing too - it is so relaxing to stitch by hand.

~Kris~ said...

Very pretty colors.

AnnieO said...

Very soothing color pallete, too! Hand work does allow for more relaxing stitching time.

Amy said...

Wowzer! Your choice of fabrics in this pattern is fabulous.

Gari in AL said...

A lot of work and VERY pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails