Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Starry info

For those who wanted to know:  I'm using a bunch of fabrics by Kaffe and Phillip, all in blues and greens and mostly very large prints.  I find that these large design fabrics yield lots of different diamonds, so it's almost like doubling my fabric.  For the white, I'm using some Kona off-white; don't remember what I bought.

It's very time consuming.  This is not for folks who want to finish a quilt in a weekend.  But it suits me very well.  I just leave all the templates, thread, tools, whatever on a tray, and can easily move it all around.  Plus I can do a bit of stitching whenever I have a minute or two to spare.    Today, I dumped it all into a larger project bag and took it to a knitting group I just joined.

The diamonds are 2" on each side, so they are not teeny weenie.  That crazy I'm not.  I want to finish this by the end of the summer.  I hope.  We'll see.  So far I'm so enchanted with it that I don't want to sew anything else.

The wrong side is ugly and messy.  I don't care.  Who is going to see it, anyhow?  I can't believe I'm saying this.  In my serious embroidery days, the backs of my projects were perfect.  Now, I'm older, and could care less.  Yay, me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails