Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Beginning


A brand new quilt in the making.  Hourglass blocks finishing at 3".  This might take me forever, but it's fun and mindless.

Mindless?  Me?  Quarter square triangles?  Bias edges?  Hah!  I have that covered.  A couple of years ago, I bought Brenda Henning's Triangulations CD.  This is such a great program, especially for someone who cannot sew half-square or quarter-square triangles without stretching them and making a mess.  I find the size of the triangles, print out on newsprint paper (yes, the printer does that very well).  Pin onto my fabrics and sew on the dotted lines.  Cut on the solid lines, and, voila!, I have triangles that work.  In this particular size, 3.5", I get 11 quarter square triangle units, and, 2 bonus half square triangle units that measure 1.5".

So here's the beginning of some blocks.

All 5 of these have that same dark green/peachy rose combination.  I have 6 more of these to mix up with other combinations.  Delicious fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails