Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Bardy's quilt


Bardy was a very dear friend. I was one of his opera dates, and we went to many concerts at Lincoln Center.   He passed away a year and a half ago.  I was so pleased when his wife asked me if I could make a quilt from his shirts.  And here it is!  The pictures don't do justice to the fabric, but trust me, the quilt is so lovely. 

As I was going through the shirts, I realized that turquoise was a main color.  So, Bardy, here you are.  I hope that Sue Ellen can curl up under your quilt and feel you there.




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a very nice looking quilt! like those colors

Linda W said...

This is beautiful - the quilt and the thoughts behind it.

straythreads said...

love the blues each and everyone of them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails