Tuesday, January 28, 2020

And a sweater is finished!

Ta da!  Finished, washed, and now worn:  My top-down yoke sweater in Estrellita yarn from Miss Babs.  Fingering weight.  #3 needle for everything but the top ribbing and the bottom and sleeve ribbings.  Those are done on #2 needles.  Took me about a month to knit.  I'm very fast but with a lot of stitches and skinny yarn and needles, these fingering wt sweaters take forever.




This is based very loosely on the Spector sweater by JoJi Locatelli.  I used her increases and how she integrated the various yarns. My version has a different yoke, no patterns on body or sleeves, and I widened it out at the waist and about 4" below that.  So, 4 sts increased at the sides for the first increase, and then another 4 increased later on.  I like the slight flare, and in my old age, I've gotten blubby, so increasing the width makes it not snug below the waist.  Or something like that.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the sweater you are so fast!! and so nice to see you too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails