Monday, March 2, 2009

Diagonal Mitered Scarf, Part 2

Here it is! The last part of the scarf.

What's being added this time is the right triangle and how to finish it off. Easy as pie!

Right triangle:

Join yarn and pick up and knit a total of 13 stitches from the first module of the second row. You'll pick up the stitches from the right side, of course, and at the right corner of the module. Look at the picture, and you’ll know immediately what I mean. Turn work.

Slip first stitch as if to knit, knit until last stitch, purl the last stitch.

Row 1 (RS): Slip first stitch as if to knit. Knit 2 tog, knit until last stitch, purl that stitch.

Row 2 and all wrong side rows: Slip the first stitch as if to knit, knit to the last stitch and then purl that last stitch.

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until 3 stitches remain on the right side.

Sl 1 knitwise, p2 tog, turn work.

Slip one, p1, turn work.

Slip one, k1, psso. Do not cut thread.



Work the next modules just like you did in the second row, ending with the left triangle.

From now on, you will work the scarf exactly like this:

Knit right triangle, Knit 3 modules, Knit left triangle. Cut yarn.

Ending the scarf:

Work as long as you wish, ending in the following way:

Knit right triangle, knit 3 modules, do NOT knit the left triangle, end thread.

Knit right triangle, knit 1 module, end thread.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

That is it! Now isn't this a lot of fun?

Variations? Stay tuned and I'll give you some ideas either tomorrow or Thurs.

Reminder: if you have questions and have asked them here, you'll find my answers at the end of the post in italics.



1 comment:

Me, Myself, and I said...

Hi! I recently joined the ravelry group because this scarf is awesome! I'm a bit annoying and needed to print out a copy instead of reading it off your blog. I did not format it much, but I put it into a Word doc that has the various pictures labeled. I know that I read somewhere that you were planning to do a PDF. Would you like my Word 2007 doc? I can also make it into a PDF.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails